educator speaks

Alright! Seriously I feel kind of fed up with the pressure in school especially that I have to teach Economics. I mean it's not even my expertise. The only reason why I am asked to teach it because it's a social science and I am expected to teach it in a psychologist's perspective. I'm not even a psychologist, but I am aspiring to be a developmental/social/clinical psychologist in the future.

Students expect a good teacher and I'm trying to be one. Imagine me reading that economics book, and another book and another and so on and so forth. I don't like economics though I know for the fact that it is important in our daily lives. I'm no economist or a politician either but I'm really trying my best to deliver both to the best I can (I'm also teaching Philippine Constitution and it's way easier than econ). I know I did great but not enough.

I have critical minded students, because I am very keen in observing them, even though they never say a thing. As much as possible I want them to express what's in there. Express it rather that keep it. It's gonna creep inside until it bursts out. I always tell my students that.

I also notice that my students payed attention in history class than I did during my elementary and high school years. Don't ask me about history. I know only a little. I am very challenged to read history books now.

You know it makes me glad when my students express or share to the whole class what they know that I do not know, because learning is very important that I never wanna stop from learning. From the beginning of my class I told my students that education is a teacher-student learning process, that I am their teacher as they are also mine.

I thought being a teacher was cool. That it was better to make examinations than take them and having to answer those knowledge-based questions which I really hate and answer subjective exams just to realize I got zero or something like that. Well, I mean subjective is supposed to be based on opinions but some educators are so close minded they stick to their linear type of teaching, forgetting the instinctual one which the mind is at all branded for.

Perhaps one of the many possible reason why students never express is because of the very close-minded educators. Students fear to be ridiculed for a wrong answer because teachers only consider their ideas or whatever is there written on books. I mean I could throw away all those books if I want to and solicit ideas from my students. That is for me real learning.

Real learning is not just about reading and memorizing. It's about criticizing, analyzing, and making hypothesis, testing the hypothesis and eureka! a genius is born.

Seriously being a teacher sucks. Making exams sucks. Preparing for discussions or lectures and other alternatives to lecture (strategies) sucks. But having able to produce someone is fulfilling!

Studying for life is better than studying for grades.

  • 00:52:41: @SinghAshutosh thanks for the #followfriday
  • 02:05:06: playing a stupid game of selling and buying friends. why am i even playing this game?
  • 05:12:07: getting messy with greasemonkey..
  • 05:30:32: RT @greenforyou: Early Snowball Earth may have melted to a mudball #green http://bit.ly/7gxZtp
  • 05:35:19: google chrome disappoints me
  • 09:02:22: updating my virtual library..
  • 09:48:05: watching the bottom line with chavit singson as guest. bottom line is idol ko si boy in terms of his ability in asking the right questions.
  • 09:50:56: love it listening to people's ideas/point of view. i love the bottom line #abs-cbn
  • 09:57:42: personally i do think singson was at some point honest in answering boy's questions; however, we can never know how honest anyone can be.
  • 10:04:45: new on soup http://xtin.soup.io/
  • 10:06:09: RT @ajshadowcat08: shows like #Glee and #VampireDiaries are very successful. The cast and crew have amazing CHEMISTRY both on and off-set.
  • 10:42:43: Datu Unsay Mayor Andal Uy Ampatuan Jr., left, welcomes President Arroyo at the Maguindanao Provincial Capitol Complex http://ow.ly/GuDg
  • 10:43:22: RT @katheng: Twitter Inspires More to Go Mobile http://bit.ly/5m61se
  • 17:14:06: on my way school. i have class at 830, and its already 815. i haven't been into this class. i wonder who my teach be.
  • 17:29:44: be seeing my classmates in graduate school again.
  • 17:31:58: as the days come ago, i feel the pressure to finally comply with my guidance and counseling examination. patay!
  • 17:35:13: NFW! bang garcia and jake cuengca together? that's not good..
  • 17:42:11: haha mispelled her name. bang, bang! that's coz i don't like her. good morning tweeters. :)
  • 17:51:27: gov garcia's endorsing gibo teodoro for pres..now im confused as to who to vote when i like aquino, teodoro and villar..
  • 18:04:28: poor edu manzano not mentioned for endorsement at the one cebu convention yesterday.
  • 19:30:42: my field study professor is really good, and she has good humor too.
  • 19:33:50: we're about to have teacher-parent talk demonstration. actors: a parent of one child and a practicing guidance counselor.
  • 19:58:25: doing something lesser than one's capabilities is equivalent to doing nothing at all.
  • 19:58:41: discussion on authoritarian vs. authoritative parenting.
  • 20:20:00: @owrange jake and gerald? haha pwede..i like that
  • 23:15:04: bought a book about music and its history..
  • 23:56:42: article on sunstar made me cry and burn with anger to whoever is responsible for the maguindanao massacre. ;(


Tweets copied by twittinesis.com

blog comments powered by Disqus